We understand that one-size-fits-all doesn’t work for everyone.
Just as no two pairs of jeans are the same, we all have ideals for style, comfort and fit which are as individual as the wearer.
Through our tailored alterations service, we can taper or shorten the leg length, or reduce the waist size of your denim to your unique specifications, and always place an emphasis on staying true to the construction process of the original garment.
Please note: We’re currently only able to offer our tailored alterations service to UK-resident customers. If you live outside of the UK and would like to send your denim for alteration, please contact us first to discuss your requirements. Due to the custom nature of our repairs service, please ensure that you have read about Our Process (below) and understood ourReturns Policybefore placing your order.
We assess each garment individually, and after consulting with you, decide on the best tailored alteration method for your piece:
• If you live locally and would like to visit our workshop in Newcastle upon Tyne to discuss a tailored alteration or drop off your denim, please contact us first to make an appointment.
• For UK-resident customers whom live further afield, we charge a flat rate deposit of £20 (plus shipping) to book an assessment.
• You can send several garments per order for assessment, as long as your overall package weight doesn’t exceed 2kg or your maximum insurance requirement isn’t greater than £300 per parcel for returns. If you want to place a larger bulk order, please contact us first.
• Upon receipt of your denim, we will assess your requirements and make recommendations as to the best tailored alteration for your garment. We will then agree the alteration options you want, and unless you tell us otherwise, we’ll colour match existing threads as closely as possible.
• If the chosen alteration costs £20, this is covered by your deposit so there will be no further charge. If the chosen alteration costs more than £20, we will send you a direct invoice for the difference and will schedule your alteration on receipt of payment. If you do not want to proceed based on our recommendations we will happily return your garment and your deposit (exclusive of any shipping labels purchased at the point of order).
• Our tailored alteration prices start as follows:
- - Shortening from £25 - - Tapering from £30 - - Waist reductions from £30
• Our current lead time for alterations is 5 - 7 days from the point of receiving your garment. If you require a faster service, please contact us to check availability and cost.
After placing your order, please send your denim to us at the following address (we strongly recommend only using a trackable, signed for service with a suitable level of insurance to cover the value of your garments whilst in transit with your chosen courier):
Please note our temporary shipping address during Covid-19:
Upon completion of the alteration, we use CollectPlus Economy service (3 - 5 working days) to return your denim. This keeps shipping costs transparent and as low as possible for our customers, enables both parties to track delivery status through a unique shipping code, and offers a range of insurance options depending on the value of your garments: