Darning is a process which enables us to sympathetically restore your denim, using our Singer 47w70 machine.
Beautiful fades are earned through repeated wear - there are no shortcuts - and inevitably, with hard wear comes rips, blowouts and tears.
From our selection of over thirty cotton-wrapped threads, we can create a colour matched darned repair to help preserve your unique feathering, whiskering and honeycombing patterns, resulting in a finish that’s as unobtrusive as possible and will naturally fade with wear.
Please note: We’re currently only able to offer our darning repairs service to UK-resident customers. If you live outside of the UK and would like to send your denim for repair, pleasecontact usfirst to discuss your requirements.
Due to thecustom nature of our repairs service, please ensure that you have read about Our Process (below) and understood ourReturns Policybefore placing your order.
We assess each garment individually, and after consulting with you, decide on the best repair and restoration method for your piece:
• If you live locally and would like to visit our workshop in Newcastle upon Tyne to discuss a repair or drop off your denim, please contact us first to make an appointment.
• For UK-resident customers whom live further afield, we charge a flat rate deposit of £20 (plus shipping) to book an assessment.
• You can send several garments per order for assessment, as long as your overall package weight doesn’t exceed 2kg or your maximum insurance requirement isn’t greater than £300 per parcel for returns. If you want to place a larger bulk order, please contact us first.
• Upon receipt of your denim, we will assess the damage and make recommendations as to the best repair for your garment. We will then agree the restoration options you want, and unless you tell us otherwise, we’ll colour match existing threads as closely as possible.
• If the chosen restoration costs £20, this is covered by your deposit so there will be no further charge. If the chosen restoration costs more than £20, we will send you a direct invoice for the difference and will schedule your repair on receipt of payment. If you do not want to proceed based on our recommendations we will happily return your garment and your deposit (exclusive of any shipping labels purchased at the point of order).
• Our restoration prices start as follows:
- - Single crotch blowout from £20 - - Double crotch blowout from £30 - - Knee blowout from £20 - - Rip / tear from £20 (depending on size of damage) - - Back pocket from £25 - - Reinforcement from £20
• Our current lead time for repairs is 5 - 7 days from the point of receiving your garment. If you require a faster service, please contact us to check availability and cost.
After placing your order, please send your denim to us at the following address (we strongly recommend only using a trackable, signed for service with a suitable level of insurance to cover the value of your garments whilst in transit with your chosen courier):
Darned Fine Workshop Cobalt Studios 10 - 16 Boyd Street Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 1AP
Upon completion of the repair, we use CollectPlus Economy service (3 - 5 working days) to return your denim. This keeps shipping costs transparent and as low as possible for our customers, enables both parties to track delivery status through a unique shipping code, and offers a range of insurance options depending on the value of your garments: